Federal Student Work Experience Program
This year, the campaign is a little different.
- The 2015–16 campaign is still active. For now, make sure your application is up to date.
- Some existing GC student job inventories have been extended.
- Check out the new specific GC student jobs you can apply to now!
The new general inventory for GC student jobs will launch. Stay tuned for more details.
The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) provides full-time students with the opportunity to explore their interests and develop their skills.
- Students are not required to have previous work experience in order to apply
- Students must meet the program's eligibility criteria
- Jobs can be offered on a full or part-time basis
What kind of jobs are there?
We have a wide variety of cool jobs from coast to coast, varying from outdoor field work and research to office positions in administration, IT and finance, from work in trades to policy and communications and many more!
Here are the job opportunities you can apply to right now:
How does it work?
- Full-time students apply to FSWEP.
- Hiring managers request students who match specific criteria for the jobs they want to fill (e.g., education, language, skills, work location).
- A random search for students who meet the hiring manager's criteria is conducted.
- Students are contacted via e-mail to confirm their interest in the job.
- The confirmed list of names is sent to the hiring manager.
- The hiring manager reviews the student applications and invites students for tests and interviews, as required.
- A job offer is made to the chosen student(s).
- The results appear in the students' jobs.gc.ca account.
- Date modified: